A30 Small Animal Surgical Referrals
A30 Referrals is the small animal referral division of Penmellyn Vet Group. It was launched with the arrival of Dr. Colin Whiting BVSc CertSAS MRCVS RCVS Recognised Advanced Practitioner in Small Animal Surgery in 2007, seeing orthopaedic, spinal and soft tissue surgical cases referred from practices in Cornwall and South Devon.
A30 referrals has a firm ethos of providing local expertise and support to local practices. Colin is readily available for advice to colleagues, by phone or e-mail, and also provides a free verbal radiograph reporting service. All cases are discussed without obligation, including happily providing tips on how to repair fractures in your own practice.
Colin has particular interests in:
• Cruciate surgery – (performing extracapsular, closing wedge and Slocum TPLO, with case experience of over 1000 stifle procedures)
• Ear, Nose and throat surgery – including TECA-LBO and laryngeal tie-back
• Spinal surgery – for intervertebral disc disease including hemi, mini-hemilaminectomy and cervical ventral slot and distraction fusion techniques for ‘wobbler’ cases
• Fracture repair – including ASIF kits range from 1.5mm to 5.5mm, as well as external fixation techniques
• Arthroscopy – a 2.4 and 2.7mm arthroscope helps with imaging and minimally invasive surgery of elbows and shoulders
• Multimodal pain-relief
Colin helped my yellow lab Holly as she had loose cartilage in her knee and lots of arthritis!
A very compassionate vet and good to report Holly is doing well x Thanks Colin
So deserved getting your RCVS Recognised Advanced Practitioner Certificate Colin.
Don’t know where we would have been with Jago if you hadn’t put his leg back together.
Colin has been great and Bryn and I had very good care from all the staff.
Bryn is recovering well from his two broken legs and looking forward to getting out for walks again!
Penmellyn Vet Group Ltd
PENMELLYN VET GROUP LTD
St. Columb Major